Premium promotions are subject to 20 Minuten editorial guidelines and CI guidelines and require the approval of the editorial and publishing management. Splash site, teaser and print articles are produced by 20 Minuten, promo ads (print and online) must be delivered. Competitions are held exclusively at 20 Minuten as a rule – in exceptional cases they can be linked to participation on a different landing page. The customer / agency is responsible for the shipping of competition prizes.
Please provide the complete material at least five working days before the agreed start date.
Tel. +41 44 248 51 84
Remark: Example of a Premium Promotion. Other and individual offers may differ from this example.
Splash site, teaser, print articles and promo box are produced by 20 Minuten.
For the above, the following material is required:
- Text briefing (as word or text file)
for title, lead, scrolling text: detailed description of competition mechanism, prizes and promotion ideas and content
- Header image without text and logos (min. 800 x 400 px, 72 dpi resolution)
- or Header video: MP4 File (preferred), Youtube, Vimeo, etc.
- MP4 File: Resolution: 1280×720, max. Bitrate: 1700kbits/s, Codec: h.264(Video) aac(Audio)
- Image for print without text and logos (150 x 80 mm, resolution 300 dpi)
The following content can be provided as an additional option:
- Text for info box: Short description of the company, the product and the events or other important informations
- Box images: (max. 2 images, min. 540 px wide)
- Logos (540 px wide) with target-urls
- Video (as a link or file)
- Required short URLs / SMS keywords
The splash site appears in the channel «Competitions» on computer, mobile and tablet *.
For the production of the splash site, a text briefing using Word or Text file is required with the following contents:
- Detailed description of the competition:
- What prize can be won? (correctly described)
- How can you participate?
- For competitions that are linked to an external landing page: supply a direct URL leading to an entry form
- Describe the key message / idea of the promotion
- Brief description of the company, the campaign, the events, etc. (for gray-shaded info boxes)
- Links: Any part of the text, logos and images can be linked. Title, lead and header image are excluded.
Integration of image galleries, iFrames, audio and video files are possible.
20 Minuten will translate into French and/or Italian with corresponding bookings.
The teaser refers textually to the competition and is linked to the splash site.
They are differentiated from editorial teaser content by the top line labeled «Wettbewerb».
On the home page, the teaser rotates through various positions in the section «Competitions» and within the top stories on the top of the page. In the section «Competitions» (www.wettbewerbe.20min.ch) all competition stories are permanently shown.
The competition is generally handled using the 20 Minuten competition tool.
During competitions that are linked to an external landing page, the client / agency is responsible for ensuring that the landing page is responsive and the competition rules are respected.
The text for the competition is always «20 Minuten and customer XY giving away (offering) …»
The sponsor cannot be mentioned in the story and teaser title.
Logo integrations, product images, text, or claims are not allowed in the header, teaser or print image. Suitable examples include image pictures. Print and header images can be identical.
Delivery as JPG, GIF oder EPS
72 dpi resolution
Header image: 800 px wide, min. 400 px high
or Header video: MP4 File (preferred), Youtube, Vimeo, etc.
MP4 File: Resolution: 1280×720, max. Bitrate: 1700kbits/s, Codec: h.264(Video) aac(Audio)
Teaser image (can be the same as header image): 800 px wide, min. 400 px high
Box Images (optional): 540 px wide – max. 2 boxes and 1 image per box
Logos (optional): 540 px wide
Video (optional): as a flexible iFrame (YouTube) or file (avi, mpeg, mov, flv) max. 100 mb
The publication appears on the page «Promotions» in the print edition.
Depending on the booking, the following print formats pertain to Promotion: «Aufmacher»
Contents: Summary of textual content on the splash site with the competition as a hook.
Reference is made to more detailed information and competition participation in the print article by short URL, which guides people to the splash site. The short URL is constructed as follows: Keyword.20min.ch. If multiple language versions are booked, the short URLs must differ.
It is possible to integrate SMS participation by use of a keyword. (SMS price: CHF 1.50 / SMS, no revenues to be made through participation)
Cooperation with a partner is indicated using the following wording: «This competition was created in cooperation with xy. »
Company and brand names cannot be mentioned in the title.
Logo integrations, product images, text or claims are not allowed. Image pictures are appropriate. Print and header images can be identical.
Delivery as JPEG, PNG or TIF
150 x 80 mm (WxH)
Resolution 300 dpi