The Neues Bülacher Tagblatt was founded in 1866 under the name of Bülacher Volksfreund, and changed to its present name in 1957 when it became a daily newspaper. Since 2006, the Neues Bülacher Tagblatt and Zürcher Unterländer have been published as official gazettes as part of a family of newspapers with many similarities in terms of content and layout.
- First time of publishing: 1866
- Frequency : Monday to saturday
- Circulation: 20'297 (WEMF 2012 / Total issue Zürcher Unterländer)
- Readership: 46'000 (MACH Basic 2012-2 / Total issue Zürcher Unterländer)
- The Neue Bülacher Tagblatt is part of the Regional Media German-speaking Switzerland division.