The Berner Zeitung is the leading subscription daily newspaper in the canton of Berne. The main strength of this regional newspaper is its comprehensive regional news and sports coverage. The Berner Zeitung is published in two regional editions for the city and region as well as for the Emmental. It also covers worldwide events together with the Berner Oberländer, the Langenthaler Tagblatt and the Thuner Tagblatt. The Berner Zeitung developed from several daily newspapers in the canton of Berne, all of them having a long tradition dating well back into the 19th century.
- First time of publishing: The Berner Zeitung is founded in 1979; the first edition of the oldest precendent title Inteliigenzblatt was published in 1834
- Frequency: Monday to Saturday
- Distributed circulation: 146'152 / circulation sold: 141'880 (WEMF 2015)
- Readership: 399'000 (total issue BZ Berner Zeitung/Der Bund) (MACH Basic 2016-1, incl. BZ Langenthaler Tagblatt)
- The Berner Zeitung is part of the Regional Media German-speaking Switzerland division.