1. Tamedia is an independent media enterprise rooted in and focused on the German- and French-speaking parts of Switzerland.
2. The publication of newspapers and magazines is the foundation of our business. It is our intent to continue developing and moving these traditional activities forward. At the same time, we are investing in new media. With our traditional as well as our new media we are establishing public platforms and generating a broad range of services to satisfy a variety of needs and interests.
3. We uphold the ideal of a free society and are committed to a liberal stance, which includes tolerance and fairness and a belief in democracy. Based on this stance, we foster freedom of speech and cultural diversity in our company, in our media and in the different regions of the country.
4. As an employer, our goal is to offer sustainable and attractive jobs and promote the personal growth of our employees. Loyal, motivated and competent employees are a priority for us. Together we are striving to meet superior professional standards and we attach great importance to respectful personal interaction.
5. We understand that we will reach our goals only if we establish trust-based relationships with our partners and as a reliable company.
6. Sustainability is a priority for us. In our organization, we respect and protect the environment.
7. Tamedia is a profit-oriented company. This is the only way to safeguard our independence and continue investing in our core competences. Thus, we are establishing a solid foundation to ensure future dynamic growth in times of change and as the history of our company continues to unfold.
Zurich, February 2010