The origins of Edipresse date back to the company Société de la Feuille d’Avis de Lausanne et des Imprimeries Réunies SA, which was founded in 1907. It published the daily newspapers Feuille d’Avis de Lausanne, which was founded in 1762, as well as the Tribune de Lausanne, which was first published in 1893. In addition, the company also operated a printing plant. In 1925, the company was acquired by Lousonna SA, which was founded by Charles Patru, Jaques Lamunière and Samuel Payot. Lousonna SA integrated its graphic design, distribution and book publishing services into the new company. In 1982 Lousonna SA split into several companies. The former Société de la Feuille d’Avis de Lausanne et des Imprimeries Réunies SA was renamed 24 heures-Imprimeries Réunies SA and set its focus on publishing newspapers and magazines. The holding company Edipresse SA was established in 1988 and expanded into various foreign markets in the following years.
In March 2009, Tamedia and Edipresse Switzerland announced their plan to gradually merge their Swiss activities. Since 1st January, 2011, Tamedia has held a majority share of 50.1% in Presse Publications SR SA, which incorporates all the Swiss activities of Edipresse.
Since 1st May, 2011, Edipresse Switzerland has been managed by Serge Reymond as one of Tamedia’s divisions. Edipresse and Tamedia started to restructure their activities back in April 2011. The merger was completed on 1st September, 2011, and the working conditions were unified on 1st January, 2012.
As of 4th April, 2012, Edipresse Suisse is called Tamedia Publications romandes.